Monday, March 21, 2011

When I took my pen to write again




I don't know yet ..what had become of me. It was the 21st day of the twelfth week of the new year . Many hours turned into weeks had gone by. I had not taken a pen to scribble down my thoughts . Was it lack of ideas? Could it be I wasn't talented like I had imagined? Was all my source of inspiration gone? Had my well of thoughts gone dry? I searched within. Writing had always been like a measles itch. I had to always put it down. Looking deeper within me I got the answer. I had grab my pen and write again or this space would be gone and I would long be forgotten. So much was happening in Africa and even around me. Much more was in the offing. I thought of my talent. Would actually bury them in the soil...six feet under until I was laid there myself? I find peace within me when I jot it down. I make you smile when I jot it all down. You see and remember the advise put forth when it is inscribed. Complexities are expressed in their very simplicities when jotted down. Reasons like this got me to act fast. The ink of my pen is full. I will take my pen and enrapture you.

No comments:

Post a Comment