Monday, November 16, 2009

A Breaking

The thought of it all
The mention of it all
As I heard the sharp pain
The pain of the breaking spirit

In you I counted
In you I shared my laughter
In you I confided my deepest secrets
Never thought for a moment
What it would be with a breaking

I always gave it my all
I hoped it would be mutual
I swore never to break your spirit
To me it was unbreakable

The promises were too many
Day in day out
We longed for that one day
We hoped that that day
We would walk down the aisle

What happened to the promises?
For you they were to be broken
What happened to the feelings?
That a thought of breaking I gave no chance
What happened to the heart?
So dear…so near… so tender for a breaking

So many times I have pondered
So many times I have wondered
So many times was a mystery
Just so many times

In the end I have a lesson
I have put all broken pieces together
I have learnt to be keen to my every feeling
As no more will I ever stand a break
I have known the signs
I will prevent it earlier
To lead my heart far
In the only place
Where I will know no break

No comments:

Post a Comment