Monday, November 16, 2009

Respect Your Secretary

She picks the phone calls and forwards them to you. She brings you a cup of tea and always with a smile. She entertains your guest as they await you to end your meetings. She is your secretary. Every day we take them for granted and at times we make their lives a living hell. It was not until i tried to fit in their shoes that i knew how much it presses. I was assigned what seems as one of their simplest yet common task; to write minutes. It took me a whole day to compile them.It was followed by despair and frustrations. It took me a another three hours to format it and still i was not done. I hated every small bit of it. It was giving me a hell of a time. This work is not as simple as it seems. It needs patience. its a talent or may be a calling. try to be one and trust me you may opt to increase her pay for the simple yet complex things she does. Give them the respect they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment